Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend Update

What a great weekend! The weekend started out with some great news and a free dinner. Chris PASSED the bar!!! The list was posted at 5pm on Friday night, and luckily for us we had already arranged for some friends (thanks Audrey!) to watch Sadie while we went out to a recruiting dinner for Chris' firm. We went to Donovan's with another fun couple from the firm and a recruit from Notre Dame for one of the most expensive meals I have ever had (I think we could have bought about 2- 3 weeks worth of groceries for that price!) and almost felt guilty about Chris' firm paying for it. Saturday we watched conference and had the Petersens and the Vincents over for some ice cream to celebrate passing the bar (as far as we could tell everyone we knew who took the bar passed.) Sunday we watched some more of conference, went over to Grandma and Grandpa Olson's house for a little visit, and then the Quists stopped by. Also, it has finally cooled down, so that we can open our windows at night to cool down our house and not turn on the A.C. during the day! We are a little afraid of what our first electric bill will be becuase when I was setting up our accound the lady from the electric company told me that in the history of our house (12 yrs) the highest bill was $470. Yikes!! It was a pretty busy weekend, highlighted with the great talks that we heard in General Conference! No real reason for the pictures, but here they are anyway.



9 comments:

The Llewellyn's said...

Horaaaaaaaay for Chris. He is such a stud. I knew he had little to worry about. How does he feel? Does he want to do it again? What would it take to do it again?

Michelle said...

That's so great that Chris passed, I love your new house, it is gorgeous!

Audrey said...

Love that picture of Sadie!!! How cute is she?!?!? Did the Quists say what happened to them on Saturday night?

Tad said...

Congrats! We saw on Friday night that Chris had passed. I'm sure it is nice to be passed that hurdle.

Unknown said...

Congrats! What a relief! Sadie is looking so grown up. What a cutie she is. I'm sure Coop wouldn't mind having such a cute girlfriend in a few years. And I'm sure she'll have quite the personality with the two of you as parents ;-)

Unknown said...

This is Cassi by the way...don't know why it says "by"

Fosburgh Family said...

Congrats Chris!!! That is so awesome. your house looks so pretty. so do you like having a back yard? silly question sho doesn't like a back yard!

Lisa Marie said...

Hooray for Chris!! I love that pic of Sadie btw. lol

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

I'm so glad to here that Chris is a full fledged lawyer, we wish we were there all done with school!
Sadie is making a Lolly face!