This is the second set of plants that I have killed. I want some indoor plants that I can keep above our fridge, but I can't keep anything alive up there! Does anyone have any suggestions as to any somewhat pretty looking plants I can put up there?
What did it say on the tag as to the directions for keeping those plants alive? Do they require full sun and aren't getting enough? Are you over or underwatering? I think it's typically easier to grow flowers outside in AZ winter. I would try something that doesn't have flowers on it and requires hardly any watering. Oh yeah, LOVE your new blog look!
It said that they were indoor plants and that they required 'moist soil' so I watered them a little everyday or every other day. I think I will have to go with ivy or something that is heartier.
Fake ones! The top of the fridge is really hot and will kill pretty much anything you put up there except a cactus. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. (It's the same reason bananas go bad if you put them up there...)
Coming from an official "brown thumb," you may completely disregard this comment. But I would probably say that on top of the fridge is a bad environment for plants -- it's really hot. Maybe if you try putting them up on a short shelf or tray to put a buffer zone between them and the fridge they might do better.
7 comments:
HI Lolly! I kill plants too. Sorry! I am glad to see your blog. Sadie is so cute! Looks like you have a fun Halloween! Talk to you later!
What did it say on the tag as to the directions for keeping those plants alive? Do they require full sun and aren't getting enough? Are you over or underwatering? I think it's typically easier to grow flowers outside in AZ winter. I would try something that doesn't have flowers on it and requires hardly any watering. Oh yeah, LOVE your new blog look!
It said that they were indoor plants and that they required 'moist soil' so I watered them a little everyday or every other day. I think I will have to go with ivy or something that is heartier.
Fake ones! The top of the fridge is really hot and will kill pretty much anything you put up there except a cactus. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. (It's the same reason bananas go bad if you put them up there...)
I'm totally saying this from experience...they are on top of a freezer.
I went through more than 1...less than 20, but I'm not sayin how many.
I have a ponytail palm above my fridge and it does great. Not high maintenence either.
Coming from an official "brown thumb," you may completely disregard this comment. But I would probably say that on top of the fridge is a bad environment for plants -- it's really hot. Maybe if you try putting them up on a short shelf or tray to put a buffer zone between them and the fridge they might do better.
Post a Comment