Monday, August 4, 2008

Pioneer Day and Nursery

A family in our ward put together a pioneer day activity this weekend (a week late) for a couple families in our ward. I'm not sure exactly how we got in the 'in' crowd, but we had a good time. Maybe they just wanted to torture us with the Arizona heat. We met at the Riparian Preserve at 6:30 am and walked around it and stopped to tell pioneer stories, sing pioneer songs, do pioneer crafts, play pioneer games, and in the end we had a pioneer breakfast. It was still 90 degrees at 6:30 and only got hotter.


Another highlight of the week is that Sadie will be turning 18 months this week and is of nursery age. Our nursery has been really great about letting us go hang out there early, and yesterday they let me leave her for both blocks. Sadie did not really need a transition period, she had no problem saying goodbye to me. Yay! Church is enjoyable again!







3 comments:

Cassi said...

I can not wait for that blessed day!

Annie said...

LUCKY! I am counting down the months! :)

Lisa Marie said...

I've still got 4 1/2 months to wait! Boo!