Saturday, July 11, 2009

LIVIN' THE LIFE

Our little man slept great while we were in the hospital, but our first night home was a different story. He thought it would be fun to wake up his mom and dad about every 15 minutes. Let's hope tonight is a little better.

Of course, I can't blame the little guy. That whole circumcision thing doesn't look fun at all....

HEADING HOME
So far Sadie seems pretty excited about her new baby brother. She hasn't hit him, poked him in the eye, or anything. I think she might even like him.

This is our little guy right after we got home. You can't tell in the photo, but his newborn outfit looked huge on him. We'll work on beefin' him up a bit.

This photo was taken just before we left. Baby and mom were out of their not-so-attractive hospital rags and into some nice clean clothes. The poor little guy had just settled down after crying for some time after that little procedure newborn boys are privileged to experience.

ARRIVAL

This is David looking into his mommy's eyes for the first time. Love at first sight, I'm sure.

So much for our extremely small baby and numerous ultrasounds. He arrived only half an ounce lighter than his sister.

He's not talking yet, but we can tell he is a bright one. He was working on his knot tying merit badge in the womb. Good thing he didn't tie that knot too tight.

Mommy and daddy's first picture with baby David.

David didn't look too entertained hangin' out in his new digs.

PRE-DELIVERY
Mommy getting ready for the big event, relaxing, and enjoying a pre-pain onset epidural. Gotta love medical advances!

Here's Chris thinking about taking a nap before the baby arrives. Lolly, of course, was quick to point out his non-matching shirt and pants.

8 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Congratulations! Ya, circumcisions are no fun. No fun at all. Jeron watched it with Kaden but he knew better this time around. It looks like you guys were at the same hospital we were at. We really liked it. But, there's no place like home. The second child grows up SO fast, so make sure you enjoy every second of it... even if they do wake up every 15 minutes.

Carianne said...

Congratulations! I love the picture of Sadie next to David. You can already tell that she is going to be the best big sister. He is definitely a cutie!!

Sara and Matthew said...

Wow, congrats you guys. What a handsome little guy! Love the doll in the car seat. Sadie is so freakin smart!

Karen said...

Congrats to your beautiful family!

Tiffany said...

I hear you on the no sleep thing!!! Why did we put ourselves through this again? I know because they are so cute and adorable it is rough though!

Cassi said...

Oh my gosh, Coop had a knot in his cord too...scary! Soooo sorry to hear about the no sleep thing...that has got to change!! Hope he gets better. Maybe when your milk comes in he'll start sleeping longer...hopefully :-)

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

Keep the pictures coming! He's so cute! I love that you named him David. I'm sure Sprout has like 50 knots the way that he moves all over the place. I hope that your family is getting some sleep, especially you and David. Love ya!

Scott said...

He is so beautiful. I cannot believe my parents finally have a grandson. I really want to hold him. Newborns are the best to cuddle. Enjoy!