Sunday, November 8, 2009

A very merry unbirthday. . .

Chris' birthday came so inconveniently last weekend (couldn't he have scheduled his birthday better?) and he literally had NO time to celebrate it. He's such a trooper that he didn't even complain, even though this birthday was a big one (he is no longer in his 20's.)

Last night we celebrated late by going out to dinner and to a concert with the Calvis. We went to go see William Joseph, and man were we impressed! He's a piano player and composer. If that sounds boring then it is because you have never heard him play. I'd compare him to John Schmidt, but more modern. He toured with Josh Groban and Clay Aiken and was on the most recent EFY cd. We actually met Bill (William) a couple months ago (and had no idea who he was) when we sat next to him at a birthday dinner for Jason. We'd heard Jason talk about his friend William Joseph the piano player before and for some reason I'd always pictured him as being in his 50's.
Here is a link of him playing Asturias on the Dr. Phil show.

On a different birthday note, we finally broke down a got a puppy. I can't believe I have a baby and a puppy, but somehow we are surviving. We named her Rory and are very happy with her.
We don't have many pictures of her yet (I'm waiting on my new lens that should be coming any day.)

5 comments:

Cassi said...

Oh, is it the 50mm? Did you get it? You'll have to tell me if you like it!

Audrey said...

More modern than John Schmidt? More modern than a coldplay/taylor swift combo? What? Does this guy play the synthesizer or the piano? hee, hee

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Chris!

Love boston terriers!

Ruthanne said...

Ah, I figured that if you finally got a dog you'd get a Boston Terrier. :) Once we're in a house, I'd love to get a little companion for our miniature pinscher, Dexter. I honestly was considering a Boston, a little boy...and I really want to name him "Winston." How are they as far as temperament? Dexter is a watch dog, so I don't know if I can handle two dogs barking at all the strangers.

Rebecca said...

Oh she's so cute! All of your dogs have had double letter in their names, though: Penny, Missy, Pacco(?)...okay maybe not paco, but all I'm saying is you might want to reconsider the spelling.