Monday, March 21, 2011

Family of Five??

I guess it has finally hit me that there are FIVE of us now. We are officially an above average sized family. 

Things are going well for the most part. I just have to remember that the most important thing I do everyday is make sure my family is happy and forget about keeping the house spotless or making elaborate meals. 

Check out my handsome hubby spending time with our little ones!! I don't think I could have a more supportive husband. He almost never spends time doing the things that he enjoys because he always busy doing something for his work, calling, or his family. I remember when he was in law school we thought that we were busy because we were both in school and work from 8-5. Of course, we would spend every evening together (minus finals time.) Now Chris is lucky if he can find a few minutes to relax each day.
The highlight of our day is when he comes home. Sadie and David run to the door yelling, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" and follow him around until they go to bed.
Little Eve is doing great. She is seems to be settling into a routine and only gets up 1-2 times a night. She is now 5 weeks old and already weighs as much as Sadie and David did when they were at their 2 month check up- which really isn't saying that much considering they only weighed around 11 lbs.


 David has finally decided that he can talk. A couple weeks ago his vocabulary tripled over night. I guess he has just been listening for the last few months and is finally ready to talk. Hooray! Even though he is no longer "the baby" of the family anymore he is still my baby. I try and remember to hold and cuddle him as much as possible now because pretty soon he won't want me to cuddle him anymore.
I don't know what I would do without Sadie. She has been such a great big sister lately. She and David have been playing together better (meaning they don't fight constantly) and she LOVES to be with her baby sister. She is always asking me if she can hold her baby sister or touch her soft hair. She is also an expert at replacing a pacifier and fetching items for me while I am nursing. My only struggle with her right now is getting her to leave Eve alone so that she can nap peacefully. 

3 comments:

Janna G said...

Beautiful kids. Chris doesn't look any older than he did 10 years ago!

Rebecca said...

So cute!

Scott said...

I love your beautiful family. Newborns are so fun to snuggle. I wish we lived closer so our three could play together. I am so glad that Eve has been a good baby for you.