Thursday, November 3, 2011

One Year Older and Wiser, too

If you know my husband at all, you probably know that he loves ice cream. It runs in his genes. His absolute favorite is chocolate peanut butter. So, I finally got smart this year and made him an ice cream cake for his birthday. I think it was a hit. I guess you can't go wrong with a cookie crust, chocolate peanut butter ice cream and a chocolate shell topped with peanut butter cups. 

 Also, as a side note, I decided that it would probably be too much work to put 32 candles on the cake, so I'd just put candles on in the shape of a 3 and a 2. It took 31 candles, so I added another on to make it 32 candles writing 32.
Here is to another 32+ years for this handsome man!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Chris, Sorry you had to work on your birthday. Also, so sorry we didn't get to chat. I miss you guys. I wish I was there to celebrate with you. Lolly always makes the yummiest looking food. Lolly you need to teach me everything you know:)

Brian Olson said...

A love for Ice Cream is most definitely an integral part of the Olson genes that runs back several generations. Its our one weakness. ;)

Sounds like a delicious cake. Wish we could have been there.