On 9/11 Eve fell off a kitchen stool and broke her arm and dislocated her elbow. I knew we probably had a broken arm in our future with 2 kids in gymnastics, but I didn't think it would be Eve. I was making dinner and I heard her fall and scream. I walked around the counter and she was trying to stand up and her poor arm just hung there limp. I picked her up, sat down on the couch and called Chris. Luckily he was about 3 minutes away from home. He got home at about 6:30 and Eve and I left for the Phoenix Children's Hospital Urgent Care Center. They took x-rays and sent us off to the Children's Hospital downtown.
They had to put her to sleep to set the bone and elbow. Here she is just waking up and looking kinda groggy. She was a real trooper and was so brave about the whole event. We finally left at about 3:30 am.
Here she is the next day! A little tired, but still her same old self. She did not let the sling slow her down! She had to wear the splint and sling for 2 weeks.
Luckily she is left- handed, so she could still color.
She wanted to try out using her toes.
Minnie Mouse broker her arm, too!
We dressed up like pirates for some free donuts.
After 2 weeks she got her pink cast! She loved it!
Yesterday, she got her cast off after only 2 weeks. Apparently when you are only 2 your bones repair themselves at a super human speed. She was very sad to see the cast go, but very brave while getting it off. As a side note I broke my arm when I was 2 also and the scariest part was when they took the cast off! Her arm is fairly stiff from being in the same position for 4 weeks, so she doesn't really want to move it. She kept telling Chris last night, "I can't, my arm is broken!" Which is funny because she NEVER said that while she had the cast on. She just did whatever she wanted anyway.










1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I didn't know! And I did not realize young children's bones heal so quickly... that's at least a blessing. Love the pink cast, too, and laughing that she's using the arm as an excuse after the fact. :-)
Post a Comment