Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On feeding Oneself and Growing Up

At 15.5 months of age, Sadie has finally graduated to a forward-facing car seat. I know some kids are in them as early as 8 or 9 months, but when you have little parents like Chris and I, it makes sense that our kiddo is petite.


Sadie has also realized that she prefers to feed herself with a spoon or fork. Although she can keep herself entertained for about a half hour with some apple sauce, yogurt, or pasta, there is always a big mess to clean up. Here is her first attempt at feeding herself:


Sadie has also discovered that most of her favorite foods come from the pantry. She has no problem opening the pantry and pulling down whatever package or box (in the bottom three shelves) and going to town. I found this the other day:


What does she need me for anymore??

And for no good reason here is a picture of Chris and Sadie in Payson near the cabin we stayed in this last weekend.

3 comments:

Cassi said...

Wow, look at Sadie's beautiful curly hair! It's gorgeous!

Kristen said...

I can't believe Sadie has grown so big! She is beautiful! And becoming independent and oh so much fun, I'm sure. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw these pictures of her. Apparently I haven't been checking your blog enough, because she seems to have grown a mile since I last saw her! And I did something funny, so the orientation of my comment is off, and I'm not sure how to get the punctuation to be on the correct side, so if this line begins with a period, I'm sorry.

Amy G. said...

oh yes! the messes are totally worth it! sadie's hair is gorgeous.