That is what Sadie affectionately calls her crayons, and yes she lines up her crayons too, but she is starting to branch out from just making one line with each color and has been scribbling all over her notebook and any spare piece of paper or receipt that she finds. She has been super obsessed with both crayons and chalk lately. I prefer she play with crayons because she always gets so dirty playing and sitting in the chalk, plus crayons are indoors and with it already being 90 degrees out I don't like playing outside for too long, unless we are in the pool. For the last few months I have been trying with no success to teach Sadie some colors- I guess I didn't realize that it was over her head. But, lately when she picks up a crayon or a piece of chalk she says, "colors?" And then I tell her what color she is holding. Sometimes she tries and guess the color, and apparently she likes blue, because that is what she calls every color. Then Tuesday she picked up the peach crayon and said, "peach!" What a random color to learn first. She also consistently picked out the orange crayon correctly. Yesterday she added white and brown to the collection of colors that she knows, and I am excited to see if she picks up any new ones today! Maybe we should be working on the alphabet, too . . .
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Colors!
That is what Sadie affectionately calls her crayons, and yes she lines up her crayons too, but she is starting to branch out from just making one line with each color and has been scribbling all over her notebook and any spare piece of paper or receipt that she finds. She has been super obsessed with both crayons and chalk lately. I prefer she play with crayons because she always gets so dirty playing and sitting in the chalk, plus crayons are indoors and with it already being 90 degrees out I don't like playing outside for too long, unless we are in the pool. For the last few months I have been trying with no success to teach Sadie some colors- I guess I didn't realize that it was over her head. But, lately when she picks up a crayon or a piece of chalk she says, "colors?" And then I tell her what color she is holding. Sometimes she tries and guess the color, and apparently she likes blue, because that is what she calls every color. Then Tuesday she picked up the peach crayon and said, "peach!" What a random color to learn first. She also consistently picked out the orange crayon correctly. Yesterday she added white and brown to the collection of colors that she knows, and I am excited to see if she picks up any new ones today! Maybe we should be working on the alphabet, too . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kaden's favorite one is blue right now too. I think it has to do with the fact that it's fun to say.
Coop calls every color blue as well...I think it's easy to say :-) He's getting better with red and green because when he tells me to go at a stoplight, I tell him the light has to be green instead of red. It's fun to see what they pick up!
Post a Comment