
And after:

Along with the tile theme I decided about 8 months ago that I wanted to tile a back splash on a portion of our kitchen. I bought the tile in October or November and there it sat until about a month ago. Here is the before:
We planned on carrying on the while tile theme, but once it was up we both decided that we didn't like it and opted to try again:
This is the finished project and although it was a pain, I am glad we didn't stick with the white.
Finally, about 4 or 5 years ago my mom gave me a cross stitching kit for Christmas that was VERY detailed. I didn't seriously start working on it until I was pregnant with Sadie. I worked on it while watching tv at night consistently for a few months, and then I'd put it away for a while, but I always ended up working on it. I don't think that I'd ever actually finish it, but I did. You'd better bet I framed it after all of those long hours. . .
I think that Chris is relieved to have some of these projects done. He is glad that I will finally snuggle with him while watching tv instead of cross stitching. I'm also pretty sure that when I mentioned tiling the back splash I told Chris that I would do it all by myself. Well, that was a lie, because he definitely helped a lot. And he didn't even complain when I told him that I didn't like the white tile the day after we put it up!
8 comments:
You are amazing - it all looks great!
The tile looks wonderful!!
That looks awesome!!! I am so excited you guys are getting such good practice, so you can continue to help us with our house.
And, the cross-stitch I remember! That was a huge ordeal. Looks great!
I'm impressed! It all looks really good. And and I like the non white back splash, it looks great.
Definitely like the 2nd backsplash better than the white, good choice even though it was a ton of work. way to go, it looks great!
Wow...I didn't know you were so handy! Good Job!!!!!
looks beautiful!!
The tile looks fabulous, and congratulations on finishing that cross stitch. I've never finished a cross stitch though I've started many of them. If by some chance your white grout gets dirty you can clean it with baking soda. Just make a paste with baking soda and water, scrub it into the grout with a hard bristled brush (harder that a toothbrush) and rinse. Viola. I love baking soda!
I cleaned half of my kitchen floor grout this way when I was pregnant. Then I had the baby and stopped. Moral of the story: resist the urge to take up major projects in your nesting phase :)
Post a Comment