Friday, April 3, 2009

Catching Up

Here are some random pictures that I took of Sadie within the last week. She has been such a stinker lately, as soon as I get the camera out she starts ignoring me and giving me dirty looks. I guess she likes getting her picture taken as much as I do.

I've been doing some sewing projects lately during Sadie's naps on the weekends. It is my little guilty pleasure; I find so much enjoyment from sewing things, even if it takes me a long time. My recent projects have been making a diaper bag (yes, I like making bags) and I also learned how to make those nursing aprons/covers so I made one for me and for a baby shower. They are super inexpensive and easy to make. Well, one day last week I was almost done with a project when Sadie woke up from a nap. She has been really good about entertaining herself lately with coloring in her coloring books and reading books, but I thought it was funny when I found her reading her book like this:

It is funny because that is how I usually sit on that chair (with my back against one side and my legs hanging over the edge. I don't know why I do, but it is actually pretty comfortable. She stayed like this for a good 20-25 minutes just looking at her book (a collection of 20 or so Disney princess stories.)

Here is a classic Sadie picture face. You can tell she is annoyed that I want to take her picture.

And lastly, Sadie and I have been put in charge of our ward's play group that meets once a week at the park right behind our house. We have been spending some quality time there, trying to get our fill in before it gets too hot. Sadie has decided that she is big enough to swing on the big swing all by herself. Of course she doesn't give me much warning when she wants to get off, she just says, "done" and then before I know it she is in the sand. Oh well, she doesn't complain. You can tell she is starting to let go in the picture.

1 comment:

Dalene said...

I LOVE the picture of her reading - she looks like she is 16 years old and studying! :-)