Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eve's Blessing

My mom, dad, sister and nephew came down for the weekend and we blessed baby Eve. Of course, we had a great time and it ended too quickly. Sadie loved having her cousin Derek here, but I am sure that Derek is glad to be home and free from Sadie.

Eve just before her blessing.

And, for a comparison here is a picture of Sadie wearing the same blessing dress. I'm taking back my statement about thinking that Eve and Sadie look a lot a like. Sadie was three months old when we blessed her and Eve was only 6 weeks,  but I think that they weigh about the same amount. Maybe it is the extra round face that is throwing me off. 

The best picture we could get of Grandma and Grandpa and all three kids.


For me, my sister and my mom the weekend mainly consisted of shopping. For the kids the weekend mainly consisted of playing at the park and swimming. Yes, I said swimming. In March. Derek was very excited to go swimming in Sadie's pool, but because the water hasn't warmed up yet I figured he would just dip his toes in and change his mind. Not the case. Of course Sadie and David wanted to join in. We let them dip their feet in at first because they still had their clothes on. Then they could  walk on the step. Then David sat down in the water. Before we knew it Sadie was off the step, struggling to swim because she has forgotten since last year. Well, here they are the next day when we planned ahead and had them put on their swimsuits.


And some from the park.

Sadie packed her backpack yesterday full of clothes and keeps asking when we are going to visit Grandma and Grandpa. It is going to be a long next 2 months until we see them again.

3 comments:

Lani said...

oh no- she forgot how to swim! I better come back and remind her... Eve looks so cute in the dress.

Audrey said...

She definitely has her own beautiful look. Sadie looks like your little twin I think. Great pics--Sadie is such a pretty girl!

jill shumway said...

Derek can't wait for Sadie to come visit. He had a great time and would come back if it were not for the long drive.