Sunday, January 22, 2012

David

I thought I would take a few minutes to document a few things about David. He is 2 and 1/2 now and is (mostly) a fun little guy. Almost every night he does something that makes Chris and I almost fall over laughing. Some of his accomplishments include knowing all his colors, most shapes, and all his letters and their sounds. 
His favorite activities include going to the park, coloring, and doing puzzles. Occasionally he lets his big sister dress him up in costumes. 
He loves chapstick and putting gel in his hair. 
I was pretty sure that I wanted to keep David in a toddler bed until he was 3 or nap time ended, whichever came first. I caved and we transitioned David into a toddler bed last month in hopes that we could get him nighttime potty trained. One day during nap time I was up in my room sewing and Sadie was with me playing with buttons. I ran down stairs to get something and found this at the bottom of the stairs.
I guess he had come out to find us, but only made it to the bottom of the steps before he fell asleep. Seriously,   who sleeps like that?
Lately Eve has been waking up 1 or 2 times in the middle of the night. She isn't our best sleeper, but she was finally sleeping from 6 pm to 6 or 7 am. At first I thought she was waking up because she was sick, but then she got better and was still waking up. So, we decided to let her cry it out for a few nights. After a few nights I noticed that her cry seemed more alarmed than normal, so the next night when she started crying I jumped right up and went to her room and saw someone in the doorway! I don't think he woke her up every time, but it looks like David has been making some middle of the night visits.
I think I should have held out until he was 3 to make the switch.

1 comment:

Annie said...

What a cute little man! And I agree who sleeps like that on the stairs! Crazy!