I was our ward's committee person. I already can't remember the official title, but it meant that I was in charge of communicating between the stake and our ward and for helping our ward dance, music, costume, and prop leaders. I was also allowed a coveted lanyard allowing me to go to all of the practices, including the final day and performance.
A picture of the temple from our spot at Discovery Park. I love that we got to see the temple the whole time!!
It was raining all over the valley that morning, but even though there were storm clouds, we managed to stay dry for most of the day. We had to arrive early and leave late, but our youth were awesome!
Me and some of my favorite people. So sad that I'm no longer in the same ward as any of them :(
Each youth made their own Title of Liberty. It was an amazing sight to see them all waving in the wind.
12,000 teenagers on 'stage' together at the rehearsal.
Our stake was combined with several other stakes for the Israeli folk dance. I wish I had remembered my telephoto lens :(
Some of the highlights of the performance were the fire dancers, future missionaries holding their country's flag, Captain Moroni on his horse, and ukulele players during "How Can I Be."
The weather sure did tease us all day. We were suppose to be in our places at 6:30 for the final performance in front of the President Monson and at 6:35 the rain started to come down. Hard. At least hard for AZ standards. The kids all rushed onto the field to their places and waited for the Prophet to show up at 7. As soon as President Monson and President Eyring stepped out of their cars and in front of the audience the rain slowed to a very light drizzle. The Celebration began and President Eyring said some remarks to the youth and as soon as he stopped it started raining again. And the show went on! They still did an awesome job, even in the rain!! I'm so proud of them.
8.jpg)
6.jpg)
9.jpg)
10.jpg)
11.jpg)
12.jpg)
7.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment