
I am sure that all of you who are members of the LDS church know that President Hinckley passed away. He has been the Prophet for the last 13 years, which is about as far back as I can remember, and yes, I know how young that makes me sound. He truly was an amazing man, and an inspired leader. For anyone who hasn't read it, I would recommend his biography Go Forward with Faith. I am grateful for for his example and his guidance. He will be sorely missed.
3 comments:
I love that picture! He is really the only prophet I've ever known, so it will be strange for me to have him gone. He's done so much & I am so thankful for the positive influence he's had on my life.
I think I will always have a special place in my heart for President Hinckley -- a lot like so many of the women in Relief Society have special feelings for Pres. Kimball. It just felt like he was there with me throughout my most formative years. And yet I can't be sad -- whenever I think about him passing away, I get this beautiful vision in my mind of him hugging his wife. Isn't it great to know that he is back with her and with his Father in Heaven and Savior, both of whom he served so well? What an amazing man!
Great post. I am going to miss him too!
Post a Comment